A short and simple read; Ichigo ichie is the Japanese art of making the most of every moment.
CHECK IT OUT:
GOODREADS | AMAZON
Related: IKAGI By Hector Garcia
• Ichigo Ichie = What we are experiencing right now will never happen again. And therefore, we must value each moment like a beautiful treasure.
• “No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it’s not the same river and he’s not the same man.” -Heraclitus
• A life lesson for the swordsmiths, considered national treasures in Japan, is to eliminate the unnecessary to get to the essential—that’s where beauty and power lie.
• Having problems is part of being alive. It is our difficulties and how we face them, more than our periods of contentment, that shape us throughout the course of our lives.
• Touching and hugging are beneficial even as a preventative therapy for many life-threatening illnesses. Four hugs a day are considered enough to boost a persons emotional and physical health. Six seconds is the minimum length of time required for oxytocin—the hormone associated with happiness—to reach the brain, awakening feelings of trust and affection.
• “People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.“ -Maya Angelou