Broken down into quick snippets, What I Know For Sure is the work of Oprah revising and condensing over 14 years of her magazine column.
CHECK IT OUT:
GOODREADS | AMAZON
• If you’re holding anyone else accountable for your happiness, you’re wasting your time. You must be fearless enough to give yourself the love you didn’t receive. Begin noticing how every day brings a new opportunity for your growth.
• No matter what challenge you may be facing, you must remember that while the canvas of your life is painted with daily experiences, behaviors, reactions, and emotions, you’re the one controlling the brush.
• Every experience is a valuable teacher.
• If you feel incomplete, you alone must fill all your empty, shattered spaces with love. “Nothing can bring you peace but yourself.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson
• To know that people care about how you’re doing when the doing isn’t so good—that’s what love is.
• When you make loving others the story of your life, there’s never a final chapter, because the legacy continues. When the to-do lists are no more, when the frenzy is finished, when our e-mail inboxes are empty—the only thing that will have any lasting value is whether we’ve loved others and whether they’ve loved us.
• Sometimes we get so focused on the difficultly of our climb that we lose sight of being grateful for simply having a mountain to climb.
• You can’t change what you don’t acknowledge.
• Right now, no matter where you are, you are a single choice away from a new beginning.
• The truth is that the naysayers in your life can never be fully satisfied. Whether you hide or shine, they’ll always feel threatened because they don’t believe they are enough.
• If life teaches you nothing else, know this: When you get the chance, go for it.
• Say good riddance to decisions that don’t support self-care, self-value, and self-worth.
• Ask yourself if the people in your life give you energy and encourage your personal growth, or block that growth with dysfunctional dynamics and outdated scripts. If they don’t support you as a loving, open, free, and spontaneous being, good-bye!
• Become the change you want to see. Instead of belittling, uplift. Instead of demolishing, rebuild. Instead of misleading, light the way so that all of us can stand on higher ground.
• If you want the best the world has to offer, offer the world your best.
One thought on “What I Know For Sure By Oprah Winfrey”
“Right now, no matter where you are, you are a single choice away from a new beginning.”
I love the the possibilities of this idea. It could be daunting, but I like to stay positive and think it’s inspiring. I wonder what that next decision will be?!
I enjoyed this review and it’s a book I’d like to read, thanks for sharing.
LikeLiked by 1 person