A well-rounded book about integrity, character development, growth and goals.
CHECK IT OUT:
GOODREADS | AMAZON
• Character = the ability to meet the demands of reality.
• People who become leaders, or really successful, tend to have three qualities. Number one, they have some set of competencies, meaning they know their field or industry. Two, they are able to build alliances and form relationships that are mutually beneficial. Third, they have to have the character to not screw it up.
• The origins of the word integrity in Latin means intact, integrate, integral, and entirety. The concept means that the “whole thing is working well, undivided, integrated, intact, and uncorrupted.”
• The human heart will seek to be known, understood, and connected with above all else. If you do not connect, the ones you care about will find someone who will.
• No matter how difficult it is to hear, reality is always your friend. We must be in touch with what is, not what we wish things were or think things should be or are led by others to believe they are. The only thing that is going to be real in the end is what is.
• In the end, people get to where they are supposed to. If they make it, there was a reason. If they don’t, there was one too.
• Winners are ready before the game. Long-term high achievers are rarely the type who always wing it. They are prepared.
• The ability to keep going when we hit an obstacle, believe that there is a way to get it done, and keep going until we find it is one of the most important character abilities that we can ever develop.
• Blame is the parking break for improvement.
• The first principle of growth is this: what is put to use, grows. People do not get put to use by others. They have to invest themselves.
• The immature character asks life to meet his demands. But the mature character meets the demands of life.
One thought on “Integrity By Henry Cloud”
“The immature character asks life to meet his demands. But the mature character meets the demands of life.”
How true! Love it!!
LikeLiked by 1 person