Naval Ravikant is a thought-provoking Silicon Valley angel investor. The almanac is an amalgamation of Naval’s tweets, podcast interviews and other ideas transcribed. Packed with philosophical wisdom regarding happiness, economics and wealth creation; this book is one to be re-examined many times.
CHECK IT OUT: GOODREADS AMAZON | FREE PDF Version
- All benefits in life come from compound interest, whether in money, relationships, love, health, activities, or habits.
- You’re not going to get rich renting out your time. You must own equity—a piece of a business—to gain your financial freedom.
- Specific knowledge is knowledge you cannot be trained for. If society can train you, it can train someone else and replace you.
- Become the best in the world at what you do. Keep redefining what you do until this is true.
- When you find the 1% of your discipline which will not be wasted, which you’ll be able to invest in for the rest of your life and has meaning to you—go all-in and forget about the rest.
- If it entertains you now but will bore you someday, it’s a distraction. Keep looking.
- “Give me a lever long enough and a place to stand, and I will move the earth.” -Archimedes
- Intentions don’t matter. Actions do. That’s why being ethical is hard.
- Forty hour work weeks are a relic of the Industrial Age. Knowledge workers function like athletes—train and sprint, then rest and reassess.
- We waste our time with short-term thinking and busywork. Warren Buffet spends a year deciding and a day acting. That act lasts decades.
- Retirement is when you stop sacrificing today for an imaginary tomorrow.
- “Be a maker who makes something interesting people want. Show your craft, practice your craft, and the right people will eventually find you.”
- The number one thing clouding us from being able to see reality is we have preconceived notions of the way it should be.
- What we wish to be true clouds our perception of what is true. Suffering is the moment when we can no longer deny reality.
- Facebook redesigns. Twitter redesigns. Personalities, careers, and teams also need redesigns. There are no permanent solutions in a dynamic system.
- If you cannot decide, the answer is no.
- If you’re evenly split on a difficult decision, take the path more painful in the short term.
- A happy person isn’t someone who’s happy all the time. It’s someone who effortlessly interprets events in such a way that they don’t lose their innate peace.
- All screen activities linked to less happiness, all non-screen activities linked to more happiness.
- First, you know it. Then, you understand it. Then, you can explain it. Then, you can feel it. Finally, you are it.
- No one in the world is going to beat you at being you.
- “Easy choices, hard life. Hard choices, easy life.” -Jerzy Gregorek
- Inspiration is perishable. When you have inspiration, act on it right then and there.
- “Everything is more beautiful because we’re doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now, and we will never be here again.” -Homer, The Illiad