The authors answer to everything is humility. Every other sentence says humble or humility or cites a study that doesn’t even complete a point. You can skip reading this book.
CHECK IT OUT:
GOODREADS | AMAZON
• “If you are humble, nothing will touch you, neither praise nor disgrace, because you know what you are.” -Albert Einstein
• We run afoul when we compare all of who we are to parts of other people.
• If we’re serious about increasing our ability to do hard things, we should start doing hard things more often. Practice leads to persistence.
• Research has found that randomly assigning woman to share a selfie on social media increased anxiety and decrease their feeling of attractiveness. Merely the act of putting ourselves out there for a valuation takes it’s toll on our mental health.
• Humility is the ability to give up your pride and still retain your dignity.
• “A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.” -William James
• Pride makes us artificial and humility makes us real.
• Humility isn’t denying your strengths; it’s being honest about your weaknesses.
• “There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.” -Ernest Hemingway