John E. Doerr is a venture capitalist with over 40 years experience in executive sales and management. Doerr joined Intel in 1974 just as the firm was developing the 8-bit microprocessor. He eventually became one of Intel’s most successful salespeople. He also holds several patents for memory devices. Measure What Matters highlights the benefits of setting ambitious goals in business.
RATING: 3.6 / 5
CHECK IT OUT:
GOODREADS | AMAZON
• “If you don’t know where you’re going, you might not get there.” -Yogi Berra
• Ideas are easy. Execution is everything.
• “The biggest risk of all is not taking one.” -Mellody Hobson
• Bad companies are destroyed by crisis. Good company survive them. Great companies are improved by them.
• “It is our choices…that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” -J.K Rowling
• People who recorded their goals and sent weekly progress reports to a friend attained 43% more of their objectives than those who merely thought about goals without sharing them.
• “We don’t hire smart people to tell them what to do. We hire smart people so they can tell us what to do.” -Steve Jobs
• We do not learn from experience… we learn from reflecting on experience.
• If you set a crazy, ambitious goal and miss it, you’ll still achieve something remarkable.
• Feedback is an opinion, grounded in observations and experiences, which allows us to know what impressions we make on others.