Humor, Seriously: Why Humor Is a Secret Weapon in Business and Life is told from a scientific and comedic perspective, highlighting how levity and humor are essential tools for forging more human connections, improving performance in the workplace, unlocking creativity and boosting resilience in bad times.
- “Humor is like salt: you don’t want to use it all the time, and a little goes a long way.” -Daryl Dodson
- The average four-year-old laughs as many as 300 times per day. The average forty-year-old, by comparison, laughs 300 times every two and a half months.
- “You can always tell how smart someone is by what they laugh at.” -Tina Fey
- Researchers found that people who watched a humorous film clip before taking a brief short term memory test recalled more than twice as much information as people who took the same test after simply sitting doing nothing for the same duration.
- “Creativity is intelligence having fun.” -Albert Einstein
- “There is nothing like a gleam of humor to reassure you that a fellow human being is ticking inside a strange face.” -Eva Hoffman
- Professor and author Siegfried Vögele found that 90% of people read the post script before the body of a letter. Meaning that your PS is likely to be your recipients first impression, not the last.
- A 2019 Harvard business review survey found that 58% of employees trust a complete stranger more than their own boss.
- “If you’re leading and no one is following, you’re just taking a walk.” -John Maxwell
- “I am struck by how laughter connects you with people. It’s almost impossible to maintain any kind of distance or any sense of social hierarchy when you’re just howling with laughter.“ -John Cleese