Matthew McConaughey‘s memoir is the result of honest reflection on 36+ years of journaling and life experience.
Check it out: GOODREADS or AMAZON
- The problems we face today eventually turn into blessings in the rear view mirror of life. In time, yesterdays red light leads us to a green light. All destruction eventually leads to construction, all death eventually leads to birth, all pain eventually leads to pleasure. In this life or the next, what goes down will come up.
- Sometimes people don’t want to do what you want to do.
- Words are momentary. Intent is momentous.
- Knowing the truth, seeing the truth, and telling the truth, are all different experiences.
- Style is knowing who you are, what you want to say, and not giving a damn.
- When we know what we want to do, knowing when to do it is the hard part.
- Good times seem out of reach during the bad ones.
- The introvert may need to get out of the house, engage with the world, get public. The extrovert may need to stay home and read a book. Sometimes we need to get out there, sometimes we need to get in there.
- When you CAN, ask yourself if you WANT to before you do.
- Sometimes we don’t need advice. Sometimes we just need to hear we’re not the only one.
- I’ve never cared much for destinations. The idea of landing is too finite for my imagination and sense of song. Give me a direction and a 16 lane highway with room to swerve and explore along the way. Like jazz, I prefer to see life as a river.
- Great leaders are not always in front. They also know who to follow.
- The arrow doesn’t seek the target, the target draws the arrow. We must be aware of what we attract in life because it is no accident or coincidence. The spider waits in his web for dinner to come. Yes, we must chase what we want, seek it out, cast our lines in the water, but sometimes we don’t need to make things happen. Our souls are infinitely magnetic.
4 thoughts on “Greenlights By Matthew McConaughey”
I read another very good review about it, so I will definitely add it to my list.
LikeLiked by 1 person
It’s honestly fantastic. One of my favorites of 2020. Highly recommend.
I loved this book. I own the physical copy but I listened to it on Audible and I do believe it was so much better hearing it from Matthew’s mouth. He would laugh and it always made me laugh. Great Review!
LikeLiked by 1 person