Improvisational techniques that are applicable offstage in the business world and everyday interactions.
CHECK IT OUT:
• Improvisation is all about the creation of something out of everything.
• You become adventurous by taking the leap. We are never ready for change. We become ready through the process of changing.
• Act before you are ready. It kickstarts you, attracting other related ideas, resources and opportunities like a magnet. Before you know it, you’re off and running, excited about what you could build.
• “Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” -Samuel Beckett
• “There are people who prefer to say ‘yes’ and there are people who prefer to say ‘no’. Those who say ‘yes’ are rewarded by the adventures they have. Those who say ‘no’ are rewarded by the safety they attain.” -Keith Johnstone
• If you want to get out of your head, get into something else.
• We can comprehend around 400 words per minute as a listener, yet most people tend to talk at around 130 words per minute.
• To persuade someone, you’ve got to understand them first.
• “Your personal experiences make up maybe 0.00000001% of what’s happened in the world but maybe 80% of how you think the world works.” -Morgan Housel
• Our communication is unnecessarily convoluted. Take the pressure off yourself to speak in elegant sentences. Clarify, simplify and prioritize what you want to say.
• “The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn and relearn.” -Alvin Toffler