No Cure For Being Human follows author Kate Bowlers personal journey dealing with the finiteness of life after being diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer.
CHECK IT OUT:
• No matter how carefully we schedule our days, master our emotions, and try to bring our best life now from our better selves, we cannot solve the problem of finitude.
• “I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life, to live so sturdily and Spartan-like as to put to rout all that was not life.” -Henry David Thoreau
• Everybody pretends that you only die once. But that’s not true. You can die to a thousand possible futures in the course of a single, stupid life.
• It takes great courage to live. Period. There are fears and disappointments and failures every day, and, in the end, the hero dies. It must be cinematic to watch it from above.
• I’ve heard people say that life is like a roll of toilet paper: the closer you get to the end, the faster it goes.
• Dum spiro spero = When I breathe, I hope.
• Our lives are not problems to be solved. We can have meaning and beauty and love, but nothing even close to resolution.